Just two kids in love who decided to hop, skip, and jet away to this rock we call Big Island ♥ ♥ ♥

Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Oahu Wussup

Tim had some training to do in Oahu earlier this week, and since the boy just can't stand to be away from me (I know, we're gross), he bought me a ticket to come along! AND IT WAS SO FUN. We were only there for about 36 hours. I spent both days walking a mile to the BEST Goodwill store ever, then would walk a mile back to Waikiki to meet Tim at the most amazing Happy Hour restaurant I have ever been to. (I wanted to put that last part in caps too, but thought it was redundant).

 Blurry Waikiki at dusk

 HAPPY BIRTHDAY DARCY!!!! (I can't take credit for this, it was already in the sand...)

 

Okay, highlight of the trip? Shokudo. A Japanese restaurant the is conveniently right next door to Tim's office. Both days this was my pit stop. $3 spicy tuna rolls???!!! C'mon. And then this ice cream bread box thing??? Oh my. And just to give you an idea of the awesomeness that is Shokudo, they have one of those big glass displays when you walk in that shows off their fish catches, and one of the fish--With NO head and NO tail--was still twitching. I kid you not. That, my friends, is some fresh fish.

Oh, and that man with the suitcase? He was preaching something very loudly in some language and would stop and tell every woman that she was very beautiful. And if you look closely at the statue picture, he stopped to pose in the background. Awesome dude.

1 comment:

  1. 1. i read nate the part about you walking to the goodwill and he super sighed. =)
    2. that statue made me giggle super hard.
    3. tonight i was in kyoto and Mike asked, "when did you get back in town?" and I told him I wasn't you.

    ReplyDelete

Happy you found me! Make sure to include your blog so I can find you too!! Aloha!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...