Just two kids in love who decided to hop, skip, and jet away to this rock we call Big Island ♥ ♥ ♥

Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Super Recipe Bowl, Pinterest Diaries Pt. 3

Something strange happened this year. I witnessed the super bowl. I didn't even know what teams were playing until the day before, but hey.... Beyonce was cool. My friend Paula invited Tim and I over so the boys could watch the game, and so we would have an excuse to make lots of Pinterest recipes and drink wine. And, I think I will count these recipes as the last four weeks of having done ZERO Pinterest ideas. Shame.


So, what did we make you ask?



Zucchini Bites
Recipe adapted: The Naptime Chef
yields: 12 mini muffins


1 cups zucchini, grated
1 egg (1 large egg equals 3-4 tbsp when whisked together)
1/4 yellow onion, diced
1/4 cup cheese (cheddar or Parmesan work the best)
1/4 cup bread crumbs - I used Italian style
Salt and Pepper

1. Preheat oven to 400F. Spray a mini-muffin tin with non-stick spray, set aside.
2. Grate the zucchini and then place in a dish towel to squeeze out the excess water- like when using frozen spinach; if you skip this part, the middle of the zucchini tots will be really soggy while the outside gets crispy and no one wants that.
3. In a bowl combine, the egg, onion, cheese, bread crumbs, zucchini, salt and pepper.
4. Using a spoon or a cookie scoop, fill the muffin cups to the top. Bake for 15-18 minutes, or until the top is browned and set.

Of course I didn't really read the ingredients really well, so I used a whole zucchini (a BIG one) and had to use two more eggs. And guess what??! Mini Zucchini Quiche! I've been wrapping the left overs in tortillas for breakfast. YUM.





So easy, so good.





We used fresh basil instead of oregano, I would recommend eating these on some toasted baguette, super juicy. Mmmm, maybe a poached egg on top... booyah.


Anyway, Paula also made some of her own awesome recipes, like sausage balls and cheese dip. Ugh, so good. I made my go-to coconut shrimp and all in all I think it was a successful day. Power outage and all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy you found me! Make sure to include your blog so I can find you too!! Aloha!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...