Just two kids in love who decided to hop, skip, and jet away to this rock we call Big Island ♥ ♥ ♥

Thursday, November 24, 2011

Kolekole

Tim and I were driving to my parents house for Thanksgiving when we saw water tornadoes out on the ocean. We tried to pull over to get a better glimpse, and found ourselves at Kolekole park, a hidden local spot under the bridge.  Kolekole means “raw” or “scarred” in Hawaiian. That's definitely what you feel here... this is a great website with a lot of info about it: Kolekole Park.





Pepper plant





We found this really sad memorial to some surfers that had drowned here.






The bridge we always drive over


Left over from what we think was a sugar mill...








3 comments:

  1. I don't think I've seen you in a sweater and jeans since you moved to Hawaii!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol, I was sick on Thanksgiving and had a fever. I think it was 80 degrees out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG me too! Fever twins!!! Seriously, nothing says Thanksgiving like illness...

    ReplyDelete

Happy you found me! Make sure to include your blog so I can find you too!! Aloha!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...