Just two kids in love who decided to hop, skip, and jet away to this rock we call Big Island ♥ ♥ ♥

Wednesday, April 24, 2013

A health post, SAY WHAT??!!

If you've known me for a long time, you know that I used to live off pasta roni and Domino's pizza. No lies, like literally Domino's three times a week and pasta roni the other four. My sister once decorated my porch with pasta roni boxes and noodles for my birthday. So for a lot of my friends that haven't been near in the last few years (because I had to go and moves a million miles away), it might come as a surprise that I eat VERY healthy these days. I don't know how it happened.. never saw it coming that's for sure. 

Clean eating has most certainly become a lifestyle for me. In fact, I'm officially down 15 pounds since last year simply from eating well, working out and drinking lots of lemon water. I LOOOOOOVE going to the outdoor farmers markets here and if I were to move away, I think I'd have some serious withdrawals.


You can find green papaya salads at almost any restaurant here. My favorite Pho place does the best one hands down. It's a recipe I've been wanting to try for a long time, but Asian food can be intimidating. But alas, I tried it. AND loved it!!!! It was so easy:
-Grate a green papaya
-Mix in fresh chopped basil and crushed peanuts
-For the dressing, mix one tablespoon fish sauce, one tablespoon lime juice, and two teaspoons sugar. BAM.



Tim brought home these beautiful hydroponic tomato plants last week from the farm. Love him.


If you follow me on Instagram, then you know that this past Monday I began a three week Gluten-free experiment. I've had a hunch for a LONG time that I have a gluten allergy. I was tested with wheat but that came back fine. I've been reading a lot about it lately, and for some people, a gluten allergy can show up as simply being tired and feeling 'blah'. So I'm trying it out and seeing what happens. I'm on day 3 today. I've already been dreaming about what I'm going to eat after these three weeks are up when I introduce gluten back into my system... mmmmm, pasta.... garlic bread...

Anyway, these lara bars are BOMB!!!! I've always been a cliff bar girl, but after one lara bar, I'm converted. Every ingredient is clean and pronounceable.


This gluten free KIND granola is also reeeaaaally good. But I'm now really inspired to make my own after this bag is gone. I think it will be really easy and I have a ton of fresh coconut that needs to get used. 

Any good gluten free products out there that you all love? I'd really like to hear about them!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Mmm... I want that salad! So jealous of your farmer's market.

    Larabar contributed to the defeat of prop 37. =(

    ReplyDelete

Happy you found me! Make sure to include your blog so I can find you too!! Aloha!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...